Amendments to by-laws
- Read about the amendment of by-laws:
Restructuring a co-op
- If you are looking to amalgamate or transfer the assets and liabilities of your co-op, please contact the Registry and/or talk to the Singapore National Co-operative Federation.
- The Registry 's contact details:
Registry of Co-operative Societies
Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth
140 Hill Street, #02-00
Old Hill Street Police Station
Tel (hotline): 6837 8537
Fax: 6837 8090
Operating hours: Monday - Friday: 8.30am to 5.30pm (closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays)
The apex body - Singapore National Co-operative Federation
Dissolving a co-op
- Guide to winding up
- Application for voluntary dissolution
- Information on claiming monies of dissolved co-ops
Members of dissolved co-ops who:
- have not cashed in their cheques from the appointed liquidators; or
- did not present their claims to the appointed liquidators
may still be able to make claims to the Registry of Co-operative Societies for up to 2 years from the date of cancellation of registration of their respective co-op. Monies unclaimed after 2 years from the date of cancellation of registration of a co-op shall be carried to the Co-op Societies Liquidation Account, which would be applied to the furtherance of co-op principles or transferred to the Central Co-op Fund.
Members should complete and mail this letter to the Registry of Co-operative Societies, together with a photocopy of their NRIC (both sides) to make their claims before the end of 2 years from the date of cancellation of registration of their respective co-op.