SG Cares is a national movement, championed by the SG Cares Office and co-led by the National Volunteer and Philanthropy Centre and the National Council of Social Service, to build a more caring and inclusive home for all.
The movement invites all Singaporeans and people who live in Singapore to put values into action through active volunteerism, ground-up efforts and everyday acts of care. It also aims to build capability and share resources across various sectors and organisations to grow opportunities for volunteering.
Get connected to volunteer opportunities with the SG Cares App. With the tap of a button, you can be a part of upcoming events and volunteering projects. By inspiring and supporting one another, we can show the world that we are a nation that cares.
Find out more about the SG Cares movement.
A key initiative under the SG Cares movement is the appointment of community-based organisations as SG Cares Volunteer Centres (VCs) since November 2018. SG Cares VCs are responsible to grow and coordinate volunteer supply, build volunteer management capabilities, and broker partnerships between demand and supply at the town level.
There are currently 14 SG Cares VCs in operation:
1. SG Cares Volunteer Centre @ Woodlands operated by Care Corner Singapore
2. SG Cares Volunteer Centre @ Yishun operated by CampusImpact
3. SG Cares Volunteer Centre @ Ang Mo Kio operated by AMKFSC Community Services
4. SG Cares Volunteer Centre @ Bedok operated by Filos Community Services
5. SG Cares Volunteer Centre @ Tampines operated by Brahm Centre
6. SG Cares Volunteer Centre @ Bukit Merah operated by NTUC Health Co-operative Limited
7. SG Cares Volunteer Centre @ Geylang operated by Care Community Services Society
8. SG Cares Volunteer Centre @ Jalan Besar operated by Kampong Kapor Community Services
9. SG Cares Volunteer Centre @ Kreta Ayer operated by Kreta Ayer-Kim Seng Citizens’ Consultative Committees in partnership with New Hope Community Services
10. SG Cares Volunteer Centre @ Toa Payoh operated by Care Corner Singapore
11. SG Cares Volunteer Centre @ Boon Lay operated by Thye Hua Kwan Moral Charities
12. SG Cares Volunteer Centre @ Chua Chu Kang operated by Fei Yue Community Services
13. SG Cares Volunteer Centre @ Clementi operated by Foundation of Rotary Clubs (Singapore) Ltd
14. SG Cares Volunteer Centre @ Jurong East operated by Loving Heart Multi-Service Centre
By March 2022, all 24 towns in Singapore will have an operational SG Cares VC to coordinate resources and volunteerism efforts. This brings opportunities to donate and volunteer closer to all, be it where we live, work, or study.